The Hofgarten of Veitshöchheim was laid out by the prince bishops of Würzburg and is still considered one of the most beautiful of its kind in Germany. First used as a hunting lodge, then as a summer residence, the palace in the court garden was built in 1680/82 by Prince Bishop von Dernach and extended in 1749/53 by Balthasar Neumann.
Parking spaces along the Main (Parkstraße)
Regional Train from Würzburg Hbf
Ship: from Würzburg »Alter Kranen« to Veitshöchheim »Mainlände«
Access at the entrance Fasanentor (Würzburger Str. / Obere Maingasse)