Latest news about the situation of the Mozartfest 2020
Dear Friends of the Mozartfest,
It is on!
When we had to cancel the Mozartfest 2020 in its original form on April 20 due to the effects of the Corona Pandemic, we promised to put all our energy into finding an alternative festival program. After all, isn’t it the arts that are flexible, creative, spontaneous and imaginative to create something new out of friction with resistance? When, if not now, do we need music? It has the ability to give hope, confidence, strength and courage. Listening to music and experiencing it connects us human beings and creates a community. The Mozartfest originated out of this spirit and has ever since been carrying this conviction throughout its almost 100-year history. This unleashes obligation!
»The freedom for renewal is in the world of art the purpose, as in all of God’s creation.« This sentence by Beethoven inspired us to this year's festival motto »Resistance. Resurgence. Renewal.« Giving up was out of the question for us. We are taking Beethoven at his word: With perseverance and the creativity of all the artists involved, our partners and everyone who guaranteed the financing, we were able to work out a program adapted to the situation in just a few weeks.
We are inviting all of you to meet some of our festival artists, who will be playing their concerts in the rooms of the Residenz Würzburg and you will experience them live on television, radio, and the internet. A common experience during this time of social distance allows for a selection of concerts and smaller event formats with an audience as well as the MozartLabor. Starting on Corpus Christi (June 11), open-air events with a mobile stage - for children and adults alike – will take place with limited audience capacity. During the last week of the Festival, if further developments will allow it, we will try out concert formats with chamber orchestras and ensembles in rooms with a small audience.
We are looking forward to your encouragement and that each of you will find something powerful in the new program of the Mozartfest, which is unusual for all of us. Friedrich Hölderlin, the other jubilarian of this year, put it aptly:
"But where there is danger, there is growth." - Let's take the music for that!
Your Mozartfest team
Due to the Corona Pandemic, this year's Mozart Festival cannot take place in its usual and originally planned form. A Würzburg summer without music, without concerts and without Mozart? Unimaginable! Therefore Weitergehen ⎜ Mozartfest 2020 replaces the cancelled programme. It is not merely a replacement, but a creative confrontation with the crisis that is currently shaking cultural life to its foundations. Adapted to the exceptional situation, music is brought into the city, goes directly to the people and, despite all restrictions, focuses on the lively, direct experience of music. The individual events can be found here.
We would like to thank you very much for the overwhelming response this year and will do our best to make the rescission of the advance sale as uncomplicated as possible for you. Due to the large number of enquiries we ask for your understanding that the processing will take a few weeks.
If you have any questions regarding your refund, you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 0931 / 37 23 36 (Mon-Thu from 10 A.M. to 1 P.M.).
How can I get a refund on my tickets?
Please fill out the refund form and send it by e-mail, fax or post to our ticket office by 30 June2020
Fax: 0931 / 37 39 39
Address: Mozartfest Würzburg / Rückermainstr. 2 / 97070 Würzburg
- The refund is possible as a voucher for the amount of your card value or as a transfer back to your bank account. Please mark your request on the return form.
- Vouchers will be sent to you by mail and are valid for three years for events of the Mozartfest Würzburg.
- We kindly ask all our customers to use the return form for refund processing. It is valid for written and telephone orders as well as for webshop orders and personal purchases at the ticket office.
- Please fill out only one return form for collective bookings. All booked tickets will be refunded to the ticket purchaser in one go.
- Please note that a chargeback to credit cards is unfortunately not possible. In this case, we ask you to provide a SEPA bank account for the refund.
- The original cards lose their validity and do not have to be returned to us
How can I support the artists of the Festival?
We have been approached several times about the possibility of waiving reimbursement and thus supporting the Festival and our artists with a donation in these difficult times. We are happy about the appreciation and are grateful for this extraordinary commitment of our guests!
Please fill out the refund form in this case as well and send it back to us as a declaration of consent.
What are the possibilities of support?
You have the following possibilities to support the festival and the artists:
- Friends Association of the Mozartfest Würzburg e.V.
- We cordially invite you to join our Friends Association. A membership ensures you your preferred places at the Mozartfest. At the same time, as a friend, your membership fee enables you to support a number of special concert projects and promotes the work of young artists. You have the opportunity to pay the membership fee for the first year of membership with your refundable ticket value.
- Further information about the Friends Association and your benefits as a member can be found at here on our website. For the Mozartfest Anniversary Season 2021 you can already benefit from the exclusive special advance sale.
- Please indicate on the return form whether you would like a regular membership (annual fee 200,- EUR) or a limited trial membership (annual fee 100,- EUR). You will then receive the complete membership application form from us immediately.
- Your refund will be offset against the membership fee for the first year, any remaining amount will be transferred to your SEPA bank account.
- As a member, you will receive an annual donation receipt for the dues paid.
- One-time donation
- For our festival artists, the pandemic often poses a threat to their existence, as concerts cannot be held anywhere in the world for months on end. Your donation enables us to support our Festival artists by rewarding partial performances already made. Through your gesture of solidarity, you also help us to keep the creative diversity alive and to continue into the 100th year of the Mozartfest.
- A donation is possible as the total value of the ticket order or as a partial amount which you are free to choose. Please note your wish on the return form.
- We will gladly issue a donation receipt if required
Will all planned events of the Mozartfest 2020 be cancelled?
All events of our planned 2020 program, which is published in the season brochure, will not take place in this form. However, we are working on creative ideas and possibilities to share individual concerts, events and music performances with you through innovative formats, in the digital space, at alternative locations, in small formats in the city centre - let us surprise you, we are looking forward to a new experience!
Especially in these difficult times, music can give people support and joy and bring us as a society closer together again.
Many festival artists of our current Mozartfest season are active with live streams, concert recordings, interviews and other creative offers on online platforms, which we have put together for you here. Have fun streaming!
DLF: Kristian Bezuidenhout Mozartfest 2019, 18.5. at 9.05 P.M. - Radio and Online.
BR Klassik (Online): Opening concert 2019 with Julian Prégardien here.
BR Klassik (Online): Opening concert 2018 with the Schumann Quartett here.
BR Klassik (Online): Opening concert 2016 with Kit Armstrong here.
Festival Artists 2020:
Orchester im Treppenhaus: Recordings of concerts from March here.
Augustin Hadelich: Short videos on Instagram here.
Münchener Kammerorchester: Short videos on Instagram here.
Münchner Rundfunkorchester: Short videos of the musicians here.
Kammerakademie Potsdam: Short videos of the musicians here.
Cultural Platform of the Ciy of Würzburg:
"Zugabe! digital" here.