The Mozartfest Würzburg ended its 99th season on 27 June 2020 with a programme by the lautten compagney under Wolfgang Katschner. Under corona pandemic conditions, the festival team had quickly put together an alternative three-week program with a total of 40 events, which was primarily based on the encounter between musicians and audience.
The motto of the Festival, which refers to the compositional work of Mozart and Beethoven, »Resistance. Resurgance. Renewal.« had taken on a completely new relevance under the changed circumstances. Thanks to the strong support of the partners from the city, state, the Friends association and sponsors, it was possible to bring live music to the people for three weeks despite the difficult planning framework and without large proceeds. In this way, Würzburg has set an important signal in the nationwide festival landscape for the continuation in times of crisis and the growth in the collapse of the familiar. In its almost 100-year history, the Mozartfest has shown its profile several times.
»How the city of Würzburg and the Mozartfest have positioned themselves in the Corona period is more than a verbal commitment to art and culture. Here people live the claim of being a city of culture: out of common conviction and passion. The fact that we have managed, under these difficult circumstances, to bring music to a live concert audience for the first time was a liberation - not least for the musicians.«
(Artistic director Evelyn Meining)
The activities of the Forum Musik Festival, in which the Mozartfest plays a central role, were aimed at entering into dialogue with politicians at the federal and state level in view of the precarious situation of cultural organizers and to offer help for action. The activities were well received - also in the media. The Mozartfest has fulfilled its social responsibility towards the artists in a special way: Cancellation fees are paid and concerts are postponed. As compensation for cancelled concerts, a digital pinboard for video messages from the artists was also set up on the website
We would like to thank you very much for the overwhelming response this year and will do our best to make the rescission of the advance sale as uncomplicated as possible for you. Due to the large number of enquiries we ask for your understanding that the processing will take a few weeks.
If you have any questions regarding your refund, you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com and by phone at 0931 / 37 23 36 (Mon-Thu from 10 A.M. to 1 P.M.).
How can I get a refund on my tickets?
Please fill out the refund form and send it by e-mail, fax or post to our ticket office by 30 June2020
Fax: 0931 / 37 39 39
Address: Mozartfest Würzburg / Rückermainstr. 2 / 97070 Würzburg
- The refund is possible as a voucher for the amount of your card value or as a transfer back to your bank account. Please mark your request on the return form.
- Vouchers will be sent to you by mail and are valid for three years for events of the Mozartfest Würzburg.
- We kindly ask all our customers to use the return form for refund processing. It is valid for written and telephone orders as well as for webshop orders and personal purchases at the ticket office.
- Please fill out only one return form for collective bookings. All booked tickets will be refunded to the ticket purchaser in one go.
- Please note that a chargeback to credit cards is unfortunately not possible. In this case, we ask you to provide a SEPA bank account for the refund.
- The original cards lose their validity and do not have to be returned to us
How can I support the artists of the Festival?
We have been approached several times about the possibility of waiving reimbursement and thus supporting the Festival and our artists with a donation in these difficult times. We are happy about the appreciation and are grateful for this extraordinary commitment of our guests!
Please fill out the refund form in this case as well and send it back to us as a declaration of consent.
What are the possibilities of support?
You have the following possibilities to support the festival and the artists:
- Friends Association of the Mozartfest Würzburg e.V.
- We cordially invite you to join our Friends Association. A membership ensures you your preferred places at the Mozartfest. At the same time, as a friend, your membership fee enables you to support a number of special concert projects and promotes the work of young artists. You have the opportunity to pay the membership fee for the first year of membership with your refundable ticket value.
- Further information about the Friends Association and your benefits as a member can be found at here on our website. For the Mozartfest Anniversary Season 2021 you can already benefit from the exclusive special advance sale.
- Please indicate on the return form whether you would like a regular membership (annual fee 200,- EUR) or a limited trial membership (annual fee 100,- EUR). You will then receive the complete membership application form from us immediately.
- Your refund will be offset against the membership fee for the first year, any remaining amount will be transferred to your SEPA bank account.
- As a member, you will receive an annual donation receipt for the dues paid.
- One-time donation
- For our festival artists, the pandemic often poses a threat to their existence, as concerts cannot be held anywhere in the world for months on end. Your donation enables us to support our Festival artists by rewarding partial performances already made. Through your gesture of solidarity, you also help us to keep the creative diversity alive and to continue into the 100th year of the Mozartfest.
- A donation is possible as the total value of the ticket order or as a partial amount which you are free to choose. Please note your wish on the return form.
- We will gladly issue a donation receipt if required
Will all planned events of the Mozartfest 2020 be cancelled?
All events of our planned 2020 program, which is published in the season brochure, will not take place in this form. However, we are working on creative ideas and possibilities to share individual concerts, events and music performances with you through innovative formats, in the digital space, at alternative locations, in small formats in the city centre - let us surprise you, we are looking forward to a new experience!
The current situation is hitting the arts and culture sector particularly hard. We are thankful for your donation, which will benefit the Mozartfest Würzburg and the artists. Thank you very much for your support!
IBAN: DE92 7905 0000 0042 0000 67
Please always note the following purpose of use: "Spende Mozartfest Würzburg 3320.1781"
For donations up to 200 EUR, the bank statement is considered a donation receipt.
For donations over 200 EUR a donation receipt must be issued. For this we need the address of the donor!