In 1789, the abbey church of the Benedictine monastery of St. Stephan was rebuilt by Johann Philipp Geigel in classicist style. After secularization in 1803, St. Stephan became the first Protestant parish church of Würzburg in 1806. Completely destroyed on 16 March 1945, it was rebuilt until 1956. In the process, the exterior and partly also the interior of the church were reconstructed in their original form, for example the masterfully stuccoed columns by Materno Bossi. The crucifixion group by artist Helmut Amman, created in 1954, still forms the centre of the choir room today. This is where the festive service of the Mozartfest takes place, framed by Mozart's important organ and sacred works.
400 parking spaces in front of the Residenz (fee required)
Parking garage »Neubaustraße«
Tram/Straßenbahn: Stop »Neubaustraße«
Bus: Stop »Residenz« or »Mainfranken-Theater« or »Ottostraße«