Dom St. Kilian
Dom St. Kilian, dedicated to St. Kilian, is the fourth largest Romanesque church in Germany and a major work of German architecture at the time of the Salian emperors. Construction of the cathedral began in 1040 under Bishop Bruno. After his accidental death in 1045, the consecration of the crypt was also celebrated at his funeral. The completion of the cathedral took place in 1075 under his successor Adalbero. After its destruction during the bombing of Würzburg on March 16, 1945, it was rebuilt and consecrated in 1967. After various renovations and redesigned features (most recently the interior in 2013) the cathedral welcomes visitors to the Mozartfest in new splendour.
Parking spaces in the parking garage »Marktgarage«, »Wöhrl Plaza« and »Residenz« (fee required)
Tram/Straßenbahn: Stop »Dom«